Dhanteras is a auspicious day for Hindus. Dhanteras precedes Diwali and celebrates the birth of Dhanvantari, the God of Health. It is celebrated on October or November. This year, Dhanteras will be celebrated on November 10th, Friday. This particular day is said to be lucky to buy gold, silver, or electronics. Many people also buy new things for their house and themselves.
This day starts the on the Diwali festival, which lasts for five days. On Dhanteras, people pray to the Goddess Lakshmi and to Lord Dhanvantari, who brings good health. It is a happy time with family, full of hope for luck and happiness in the following years.
Purchasing items on Dhanteras for your house or office is considered to be lucky. Therefore, people shop significantly on this particular day.
Here is a list of six auspicious items that you should buy during Dhanteras:
- METALS: Metals like gold, silver, copper and brass are considered auspicious and many people buy this metals on the arrival of Dhanteras. This is done as these metals are a sign of wealth and prosperity.
- UTENSILS: People also buy utensils of different metals on Dhanteras as it is considered auspicious and lucky.
- BROOM: It is customary to buy a broom on Dhanteras. However, the broom must be of natural material and not plastic. This tradition of buying a broom is believed to keep Goddess Laxmi pleased, which ensures prosperity throughout the year.
- CORIANDER SEEDS: Buying coriander seeds on Dhanteras and Diwali is considered to be lucky, either as seeds or whole coriander. This is believed to bring peace and prosperity to the house.
- GOMTI CHAKRA: Ghomti Chakra is a natural and auspicious item that is found on the river Gomti in the form of a shell. It is considered sacred and people buy it on Dhanteras.
- IDOLS: The idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi must be bought during Dhanteras as it is considered auspicious and lucky.
- ELECTRONIC ITEMS: Many electronic items, like washing machines, mobile phones, televisions, refrigerators, or any other electronic devices, should be on your list. This enhances prosperity.
Buying these traditional items in our culture are signs of wealth and success. When we get these on Dhanteras, makes our future filled with peace and happiness. It’s a wonderful way to start the festivities of Diwali and Dhanteras, where every purchase is not just a thing but a symbol of hope and joy for our loving family